Monday 12 September 2016

Primer

Choosing a good primer that lasts and doesn't make your make up slide around your face can be hard.

Each and everyone of us has a different skin tone and type.  Some products that work for your friends might not work for you.  I have had to go through a bit of trial and error to find ones that I like and that work for my skin. 

I sit watching you tube videos every day and I always like to try new products that people recommend, (I have been through quite a few!)

At the moment I don't have too many in my collection as I have found a couple that I really like.

First ones are from Bare Minerals, I got these in the kit that I purchased.  I do really like the mineral foundation for when I am away on holiday or just want a light coverage but I find that the pimers are a bit oily for me and don't leave my skin feeling smooth.  They are a gel/oily consistency.

 
Here I have L'Oréal Nude Magique Blur Cream which is a nude colour and is a dupe for Benefit Porefessional.  It has the same texture and leaves it smooth it the T-Zone.  It make the application of my foundation smoother, especially around the nose where I tend to get a bit dry.
Makeup Revolution Primer spray.  This is hydrating for the face and I tend to use this on top of another primer if I am doing more of a full face of makeup for a night out or a special occasions to really hydrate my face.
Maybelline Baby Skin - this is a bit like the Bare Minerals and is a gel texture.  This also leaves me feeling a bit greasy rather than it being really smooth.
My favourite out of these is the Bourjois Matte Serum.  I find for me this works the best.  It is the right consistency and thickness, it doesn't leave me feeling dry or oily and helps my make up to look flawless.  I tend to use this every day and it doesn't last too long I probably get a new one every 6-8 weeks but it is quite a good price (only around £8 I think) Link to all products below.

 
I have recently tried the new hype which a lot of makeup artists / beauty enthusiasts have been talking about and this is the Nivea for Men Post Shave Balm.
 I wasn't sure about it at first as it was quite a thin consistency but after using it every day for a week I LOVE IT!  I used to use a simple moisturiser every day before applying my make up then a primer over the top but with this I find that It does 2 in 1! I don't need this and a primer (unless I feel the need to) but this really helps my make up stay in place all day.  It make my skin feel nice and is quite cooling so it is hydrating too.  I would definitely recommend trying this product...I got mine from Boots for about £6.

 
I am not saying that any of these products that don't work for me wont work for you, these are just my opinions on the products that I have in my collection.  There are also other variations of the primers that I have for different skin types, so check out the links below.


Bare Minerals
LOreal Nude Magique Blur Cream
Makeup Revolution Aqua Priming Base Water
maybelline baby skin
Bourjois Paris Happy Light Matte Serum Primer
NIVEA MEN Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm



No comments:

Post a Comment